An automated coating line for casting finishes
Three colours to guarantee best protection of pieces and satisfy client demands
Zanardi Fonderie is equipped with a Munari coating line which is completely automated, except for the loading and unloading stages. The castings in spheroidal graphite iron (GJS), austempered ductile iron (ADI) and isothermal ductile iron (IDI) are coated on request with a water-based paint.
Our plant is able to supply pieces with one or two coats (thickness from 20 to 40 µm) in the following colours:
- Black (RAL 9005)
- Red (RAL 3009)
- Grey (RAL 7021)
The elements comprising the coating system are:
- Pretreatment tunnel with prewash, phosphate coating, first and second rinsing;
- Drying station;
- First furnace with hot air circulation to dry pieces – temp. +120 °C;
- 4 tanks and motorised carriage for immersion;
- Second furnace with hot air circulation to dry pieces – temperature at +180 °C;
- Cooling unit;
- “MORRIS-3” overhead crane for transfer, with hooks..
The treatment and rinse water remains in a single closed cycle and is periodically replaced and disposed of as waste. The system is equipped with four thermal units.